Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once upon a time...

I try not to always blog about my kids, but this was so funny to me and I definitely want to remember it later. Here's the scene...Jon asked me to tell him stories at bedtime tonight instead of reading books, so he hands me a few items and asks me to tell stories about them. My stories probably weren't the most creative and mostly just had little mini-lessons about sharing, patience and being careful (man, I've turned into such a stero-typical mom). After I finished he said he wanted to tell a story. He says, "Once upon a time there were diapers. And the diapers had sticky stuff that stick to hold them together. The end." Then he says, "And once upon a time there were shoes and books. The end." Wow, if he's modeling his stories after mine, they were even more dull than I thought!! :) Hopefully his storytelling will improve in time!
**Edit**
There's hope! I just walked by and heard him telling a story. He was pretending to be one of his cars and he said, "No, I don't want to go to the mall today." Then he responded with another voice. He's definitely getting more detailed, and hopefully more interesting!! :)

No comments: