Thursday, December 15, 2011

just a quick insight

There is nothing new under the sun, but in the past month, I've been struck with a simple truth. As a believer, time in God's Word is essential to our very being.
I was sick for several days the week before Thanksgiving. Then there was the craziness of Thanksgiving and all the family busy-ness that week. Then we had one week of "normal" followed by a nasty cold that really wiped me out last week. I was so inconsistent about reading the Bible, and as a result inconsistent in my prayer life and in journaling.
I've already apologized to my husband and my kiddos because I was not a nice version of myself. I'm so thankful that we have the privilege of having God's Word so easily available to us. It has revitalized my soul this week--like water in a dry barren land. I'm so thankful that He is faithful when we are faithless. I just share this to encourage any of you that are in that barren land right now, go to the well-spring of life. Seek the Lord while He may be found.

No comments: