Saturday, June 2, 2012

Last Day of First Grade

We should have/could have finished school a few weeks ago. We've been done with everything except Shurley English for weeks--like 3 or 4 weeks. However, during that time I've felt BLAAAHHH. Between the extreme exhaustion that comes with the first trimester of pregnancy and the nauseousness and actual sickness, I just had very little motivation. The boys would be playing together well and I'd just think, "well, we'll work on it tomorrow." This past week, we finally buckled down and finished up! I'm SO thankful. It was a rainy cool day when we finished and no one really wanted to get out of their pajamas, so we didn't. That's one of the perks of homeschooling, right? (We usually get dressed, but every now and then, we have a lazy day) Here's a few shots of my monkeys finishing up their work:

Jon writing a friendly letter:
Sam working on his handwriting book:

Even though we've "finished," we'll be doing a lot of reading and some math workbooks this summer. I've heard that continuing math and reading throughout the summer helps tremendously in the fall. I'm sure we'll throw in some art and science projects here and there as well.

No comments: