Thursday, July 10, 2008

some favs

Here's a few of my recent favorites: (heads up, they are varied and random) 1. Google Reader this tool has probably been around for a while, but I just discovered it in the past few months. You simply start an account, copy and paste your favorite blogs into the add subscription section and then you can check it whenever you feel led and see any new blogs that have been posted. This keeps my inbox from being flooded and lets me read blogs when I have time to do so! Love it! If you have a blog, let me know and I'll add you to my reader. 2. Kashi Vive Cereal Yummy and good for me and filling?!? Didn't know that existed. If you're interested in trying it, it's much cheaper at Walmart than Kroger or other grocery stores. Seriously, the surprise is that there's actually broccoli sprouts in it--don't worry, you can't taste it at all! 3. Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie dough in a family sized tub I love to make just a few cookies and eat them when they're still melty! Yummmmm! 4. Word Twist a game on Facebook that I play with my mom, my brothers, and my friends. It's slightly addictive, but lots of fun! 5. Biblegateway a website that lets you look up any passage of scripture in any version and it gives cross references. It has many neat features...it's quite helpful when trying to do an in-depth Bible study. 6. Word World PBS show that my son, Jon, has LOVED for months now. It had him knowing his letters and wanting to "build a word" when he was only a little over 2--amazing! It's cute, funny and VERY educational--LOVE it! That's all for now...off to feed the growing boys.

2 comments:

Josh Brown said...

You should look into making a google homepage. You can make multiple tabs filled with everything from news to email to blog updates (on here, facebook). I can basically do a lot of my internet surfing from my homepage. I love it!

I hope you guys are doing well. We are extremely busy, as I'm sure you are with closing and moving soon. Can't wait to see you guys again and come visit your new house.

shoemama said...

Heather, my blog address is www.hannahross.blogspot.com