Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another thing I love...

After seeing it on other blogs and hearing about it from a few moms that I actually know in "real life" I finally got the Leap Frog Letter Factory DVD from the library and I'm amazed. I believe my boys are becoming obsessed with letters. Even Sam knows almost every letter and their sounds after watching what he calls, "that Baby Tad movie!" While it's not a masterpiece in any way for an adult viewer, the people at Leap Frog know their audience and have done an amazing job of making learning fun. I know that sounds cheesey, but how else can I explain it. My two and four year olds are asking to watch this 30 minute movie two and three times a day. It's crazy, but it's great! I've already renewed the copy from the library twice and am dreading the day when it has to go back! However, after recommending it to my close friend, she went on Amazon and ended up ordering it for her kids for Christmas and even ordered a copy for my boys!! They are going to be SO excited. If you have kids that are learning their letters or are in the pre-reading stage, definitely check this video out from your local library--it's fabulous! And they have a couple follow up dvd's that teach other reading skills, which I've heard are just as good. Anyway, just thought I'd pass along this fabulous find in case you haven't heard about it yet! :)

No comments: