Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Goodies Gone Bad

If you want to feel better about your Christmas baking or crafting or even your lack there of, you've come to the right place! We've had simple pinterest projects take close to two hours and way more work than you would think: supposed to look like this:
but ours ended up like this:
We tried to make these:
but ours turned out like this:
That wasn't a complete loss because the kids really enjoyed it, so...I'm okay with that. I'm learning to try to enjoy the time with the kids more than the outcome of the craft--especially since I have boys! ;) I was trying to make Christmas treats with pretzels and rollos and m&ms that we made last year. I should have seen the writing on the wall when I couldn't find the right pretzels, but no... They looked like this last year:
and this year:
And each year I make gingerbread men, I LOVE them. The taste of the gingerbread combined with just a little buttercream frosting is one of my favorites of all time. And I'll still have that, it just won't be pretty. For some reason, about half of my gingerbread men have turned out like this:
I'm cutting my losses and making gingerbread balls that I'm going to drizzle with frosting with the rest of the dough. I know when to admit defeat.
I think we'll save the cut out cookies for tomorrow, in hopes that another day will bring a better outcome! For now, the bigger boys are outside playing in the rare 60 degree weather, and I'm going to go read some books with Will--it's one of his new favorite things, along with dumping out anything he can find that can be dumped. If I don't post again before Christmas, I hope that you and yours have a very wonderful Christmas full of joy and blessings and thoughts of our Savior!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Haha! At least you do crafts and bake! I don't do either...I admitted defeat a long time ago. I like reading your blog!