Thursday, December 15, 2011

Decking the Halls...er something...

There are so many things that I haven't blogged about, but I'll start with the Christmas tree. We waited until the week after Thanksgiving to get out the decorations and then go get our tree. Being in a new spot and trying to figure out how to decorate here and even where to get a tree added some excitement to the mix, but it's been fun. We went to Big Tree Plantation to get our tree, because we know the owners from our Classical Conversations homeschool co-op. And I have to say that it was one of the best, if not the best tree farm that we have been to in our nearly 10 years of being married. Pete didn't even really mind that we had to pay a little more than we did last year--and that speaks volumes to the service and set up of Big Tree. :) It was one of our many mild days, but by sunset when we were there, it was pretty chilly--I think in the 40's. We were all in our winter coats for the first time of the season. Here are a few pics, from my phone since I forgot the camera (shame on me!):

No comments: