Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Every Morning

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”
Lamentations 3:22-24


I am so thankful for the Lord's kindness to me. Today He has filled me with hope. He has renewed my spirit. After a long, and honestly lonely week-for proof, see yesterday's post and you can get a peak into my former state of being. (I almost deleted yesterday's post because while it was rather therapeutic to write it out, it was kind of dramatic and personal, but in the end I'm hoping that maybe it will encourage someone.) Today, my children who have at various points in time in the past week made me want to scream, have been making me laugh and grin and filling my heart with joy. Don't misunderstand, they haven't morphed into perfect sinless kiddos, I just have a better perspective. Instead of being consumed with frustration over Sam's whiny-ness and his demanding attitude that has followed his being sick and served more than usual, I am trying to be more patient in correcting him and reminding him of his ability to do things for himself. Instead of only being frustrated with Will's constant dumping of the toys, I am awe-filled at his growing vocabulary. In the past few days he has started saying a version of "shoes" "socks" and "cars" and it's really cute! He also brings me his milk when he wants more and brings me his blankie around naptimes and readily goes to the gate. I love that he is beginning to communicate so much more!

You might have noticed that I failed to mention Jon. That's because Jon has been a bright spot all week. He has been such a blessing to me. He has readily served his brother, running to get him this or that without complaint. He has deferred to Sam when it comes to picking a show to watch or a game to play, or at least set up a method that was fair for them both to pick equally. He has been eager to help me with various tasks and has been hugging on Will a ton. He is so much like his daddy--such a servant who loves to be busy. Yet on the flip side, he really enjoys drawing, creating and coloring, which he surely gets from his mama. I used to think that he was such a fun toddler, then such a fun preschooler, and I wasn't sure what the next stage would bring, but it just brings a new kind of fun and joy. He is definitely a joy to me.

On a separate note, we shuffled some things around here this week. I switched the school area and the office around. If I can ever get my pictures to upload then I'll post some of the changes. It's funny how much a change of scenery can make all of us more excited to do school. I'm also on the hunt for a big dry erase board. Hopefully we'll find one this afternoon. Maybe I'll make a new blog post for all of that.

Here's hoping that this Saturday has brought new light and joy and hope to you as it has to me. :)


4 comments:

Hurrayic said...

Reading this a few days late - didn't see you on Sunday so as I read this, I understand. Hope that your week so far has been better and encouraging for you. Hope the strep and teething pains have subsided. Tomorrow, I take a child over for a strep test. fun fun!

zajanica said...

I am so new to blogging, but came across yours somehow, so If I do this wrong I apologize....

I read you were replacing your camera... what are you getting? I have been doing research also and am thinking of going to the Canon Rebel T3... I need a portrait and a good sports camera, my old one took a nasty fall with my daughter and I am going through withdrawls. I take family pics for friends too so I am missing the extra money.

Heather said...

zajanica, I settled on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W350. I found the best deal on Amazon. Honestly, the reviews from mothers of little ones saying that their children had dropped theirs repeatedly and kept on working meant a lot to me. Combined with reviewers who were photogs mentioning all the great technical aspects of the camera, it seemed to be the best point and shot for my price range! Hope that helps! :)

zajanica said...

I am going to go check that one out, thanks...

PS.. Will I always have to keep guessing at what the words I have to type out in the box below before I can relpy? lol Thanks!