Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"It's really kinda scary..." (repost from 2009, Xanga)

This is a repost. I was reading through old posts from my Xanga blogging days and remember this post so well...I love the lessons that God teaches me through my kids. This one has definitely stuck with me. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"It's really kinda scary," Jon said to me with a big smile. In general, he really enjoys being scared. Yesterday he kept asking me to scare him. “Go in there gin, Mommy!” I’d hide behind a door or around a corner and he’d walk around the house not knowing exactly when I would jump out. Then he would scream, smile and laugh as he told me, “That’s not nice!” And I would say, “oh, I’m sorry, did I scare you?” He’d laugh and say, “Yes, Mommy!” Then ask me to do it again. J I wonder if he’ll enjoy scary movies when he’s older.

There is something a bit exciting about not knowing what’s around the next corner. It’s frightening, but in Jon’s case he knows that no matter when I jump out, it’s always me, his mom, who loves him, that’s jumping out. And because he knows that, it’s also fun and safe. In life, it’s much the same. While I don’t know what’s around the next corner, I do know that God is sovereign and has designed every corner, so I can trust that while it might scare me, even perhaps take my breath away for a moment, that it can also be fun and safe. Even though it’s hard for me to fathom, God’s love for me is far greater than my love for Jon.

All that said it looks like we’re embarking on a new journey. After another series of changes were made at the dealership, Pete was given the option of taking a demotion from management back to sales (more hours/less $$) or taking a severance package and leaving. He had less than 24 hours to make his decision. We have been praying for direction with his job for a long time. We both have so much peace about it. He went in this morning to resign, say good-byes, and clean out his office. So, Pete is officially unemployed. Thankfully, by the grace of God, he has been very wise with our money and we’ll be okay for several months. If you think of us, please pray for us. We’ve decided we’re ready for an adventure. We’re not sure about what’s around the next corner, but we’ll go around it together and see what God has for us along the way!

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

**this is a repost from 2009, we're happily settled in Cincinnati now. :) **

Linking up with Ann Voskamp today for Walk with Him Wednesday

No comments: