Monday, August 13, 2012

Talking Will

Well, I know it's hard to believe that any child of mine would be a talker, but it seems that Will is following in his brothers footsteps and learning to talk up a storm! (Pete's not exactly a shy guy either, so really our kids don't stand a chance!) Anyway, I don't remember when Jon and Sam started talking, but it seems a little early for Will to be this talkative, but he's definitely not afraid to do his own thing. Here are some of my favorite things that he says lately:

~While climbing up into a chair: "Chair, Seat, Chair, Seat....Up, sit, Help! Help! I stuck! Help, help!"

~When he's out of something on his plate, he'll look at me and say: "How 'bout a..." and finish it with something he'd like to eat like:"a cracka" or "a nana" or "bebies"(that's Will for berries)

~After he's done eating: "I a mess! I a mess!"

~He has a book of opposites and now when we say any of the words from the book, he will say the opposite for example: If I say up, he'll say, "Down!" If I say yes, he'll say "No!" If I say quiet, he'll say, "LOUD!"
This is right after I said up
~After a nap: "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi, Mommy! Hi, Mommy!" and then as we go downstairs, "Hi! Hi Jon! Hi Sam!" "Hi Daddy! Hi Daddy-D!"

~When we're getting ready to go somewhere: "Shoes on! Bye-bye!"

~When I get him out of the van: "I walk! I walk!" (this one has actually proven quite helpful since my pregnant body is all for less carrying of toddlers these days!)

~He loves playing with trains and will say: "Trains! Chugga-Choo-Choo!"



There are so many more, but these are the ones that come to mind right now. I've been trying to capture some of these on video, but so far haven't had much luck. If that changes, I'll be sure to share a few little clips. This is a super fun age and he's such a fun boy! So thankful he's ours! :)

No comments: