Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thinking Pink!?!


It looks like we're going to need to come up with another name for this blog. After life with three little boys, we're going to have some major changes around here! Dolls, purple and pink, tea parties, leggings, hair accessories and the like are not even in existence. (Well, I have some hair accessories and pink and purple, but you know what I'm saying!) I am honestly still soaking in this news that we received today. Even though I've been sicker than a dog with this pregnancy--I've actually lost weight, even on Zofran--and was assuming that all the differences meant that this little one is a girl, it seems unreal that we could actually have a girl around here. We do trucks, cars, Legos, Nerf guns, mud, etc...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of girl things. I'm not sure that it will really sink in until I get to hold her in my arms and bring her home.

We told the boys that we would bring them cupcakes after our appointment and that the frosting would let them know if we're having a boy or a girl. Here's a look at them with eyes closed (except our sweet friend, Elliana) and then seeing the cupcakes with pink frosting.


(Will was clinging to me during this shot and managed to smear his pink frosting on my shirt--sorry no pictures of that loveliness!)

Then Jon made a sign for us:
He's super excited to get a sister. He's actually wanted one for a while. He's happy to have Sam and Will, but is really glad to finally have a sister, too. :)
Sam, almost 5, is not so thrilled. He gets a grumpy look on his face whenever I bring it up and said, "I'm not sure I'll ever get used to being a big brother to a GIRL!" I'm sure he'll get over it once he sees her, but for now it's kind of cracking me up. Will, at 20 months, is completely oblivious to any of this!

We have not decided on a name yet, but we'll share it once it's decided. We're sure it will be easier to decide than the last boy name. In the meantime, if you can think of any great girl names that will counter the last name, please share! ;) Or if you have any great ideas for a new blog name, shout that out as well.

Pete and I got to watch this sweet little one moving all around for about 30 minutes today--and she is an active little thing! I feel her moving and kicking several times a day now! She likes to keep her arms up by her face and was even sucking her thumb at one point.


Now, we've got about 4 months to soak up any wisdom on raising a little girl and snatch up bargain girl items! :)

No comments: