Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's in the Bible?

I am not a salesperson. I am a people-pleaser and a peacemaker. Pete and I have often laughed at how different we are in this realm--he loves a good debate. Me, not so much! We frequently agree that I could not do his job and he could not do mine. All that said, I do love to promote things that I value. As a mom with not a lot of time for research, I will gladly take a friend's suggestion and buy something based mainly on someone that I trust's opinion. That said, I am excited to be a What's in the Bible? affiliate.


Buck Denver asks, "What's in the Bible?" is a DVD series created by Phil Vischer, one of the guys behind Veggie Tales. The DVD's each have two 30 minutes segments, plus bonus features that are quite funny. The series begins with an overview of the Bible and then gets more specific with a look at specific books. So far, they have tackled Genesis through Acts. My boys, ages 2, 5 and 7, love these DVDs. They have watched them all multiple times and they quote them and they laugh about funny parts, too. And here's the best part, they are learning! They have learned all kinds of great stuff about the Bible--me, too! The other day my husband was talking about how the Israelites would follow God and then forget about Him and decide to do things their own way and then something bad would happen and they would cry out to God and He would graciously rescue them and then it would start all over again and my 5 year old chimes in, "The cycle of apostacy!" It was amazing and hilarious all at the same time! He understood and remembered it from weeks ago and applied it later. That's why we say, praise God for Phil Vischer and his puppets!

Recently, they have come out with two new DVDs that tackle tough questions called: Clive and Ian's Wonder-Blimp of Knowledge. I just ordered them for my kiddos. Once we've watched them I'll be sure to report back.


If you're interested in ordering any of their DVDs, please order through my link here. Also, from time to time they have some amazing sales and I'll be sure to blog about them to keep you posted. Also, there will be a banner on my blog that you can click on at anytime to go straight to their store website. Let me know if you have any questions and be sure to share how much you love them after your kids get hooked! :)

No comments: