Monday, August 19, 2013

Milestones

With kiddos as young as mine are, it seems we are constantly hitting milestones. Sometimes I don't even notice because of the melee that seems to be the norm around here, but I am trying to notice and celebrate the progress that our littles are making. Here are just a couple that occurred last week:
Maggie is eating some finger foods!
So far she has tried blueberries, strawberries, bananas, grapes, peas, squash, bread, ham and hotdog. She hasn't loved all of them, but she is trying lots of new things. I am so glad that we don't have to do the puréed foods all the time anymore. One more little step towards independence!
Next up is Will. He has started randomly telling us that he needs to go potty. He doesn't tell us too often-probably once every couple days. We are driving to Alabama next month, so I am not planning to get serious about potty training until we get back, but I am encouraged by his interest. Last week, I caught him going #2 in his diaper and asked if he wanted to go on the potty. He said yes and actually successfully went! We celebrated with a jelly bean and he has done that two more times since. I think he's ready. I despise potty training, but when the kid is actually ready it is so much better, so I am encouraged! Here's hoping we can be down to one in diapers soon!
Tomorrow Jon turns eight and then in a couple weeks Sam turns six. I'm sure I will blog about their big days soon. :)

2 comments:

Amber Hanshaw said...

I'm with you on despising potty training. Easily, hands down, my least favorite part of parenting to date. I think Amelia may need therapy later in life as a result of our 11 months of potty training.

Tot-terrific Treats said...

If i could pay someone to do the potty training for me I definitely would! Good luck with that:) Check out my blog tot-terrific.blogspot.com for great recipes to get your toddlers eating their fruits and veggies and loving it.